Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A dreamer

I wanted to create history for my great great great great great grandchildren.. I want them to be able to tell their friends and family that their great great great great great grand-ma and grand-dad and a bald guy had created Dooodolls Corporation or what ever the name might that be at that time.

While I am still alive and able to dream and find ways to execute these dreams.. I want to know how it feels to be able to pursue one’s happiness by believing.

I wanted to sit with the creative director and the producer of Dreamworks to create our first movie and our goal is to make people laugh, cry, learn and also encourage the next dreamer like our selves to believe, very often, actually since the beginning, we heard words of discouraging & all the bad comments till now, we have people that tell us straight on our face “why don’t you just give up your naïve dream” that will NEVER EVER HAPPEN!”. A screen writer came to our office this morning and gave me more motivation than ever! We heard so much of negatives that we change that into our own source of motivation. It is, in my point of view, due to our naïve attitude, that we were sort of lucky enough to sustain till today, not so sure about tomorrow.. but today, we are still here. And that is what counts.

Of course, the good comments kept us going… you see, when we started Dooodolls, selling into the stores was tough, we don’t have the experience in handling our own company accounts, inventory, cash flow( we still don’t know this one) I hope I can learn as much from lk. Legal staff, distributions to countries, websites, cartoons, animations, comics, tradeshows, CE testing and etc..

These months building the brand and seeing them slowly but surely growing into something.. Even though the market is tough this year , like -43% shortage on our export market, increase in cost of EVERYTHING, staff demand on higher pay while sales is the same or worse .. but if I can only pray and believe so much so this time shall pass and we shall learn from our deepest sorrow.

Right, let´s get to work. We know we want to change the world, but where do we start? Unknowns, in a company with little more that 20 months in operation. Yes, let´s create something that will last, but what? Is it best to make a film or a series? What is the target? What is a target?!! How do we do it? What will it be like? Dolls, plasticine, animated pictures? How do we sell it? Where do we sell it? How much is it worth? How much is WHAT worth?! And a million and one other questions like this….
But there is the destination, the hunger, the creativity, God only knows .. it´s always there, you just have to look for it.

No comments: