Thursday, October 09, 2008

Atopic

As some of you know, i am kinda in a battle with the " meat " on my face, as my big day is near and i really want to look gorgeous in my mini silk dress and I am too afraid that it will stay in my face for the longest time!

I also complain to people that I can’t take certain food, alcohol, coffee & etc as that will course me break out, a lot of people think I was over reacting. Apparently I was not. Through Missy I got my self an appointment with Dr Allan Yee from Gleneagles Hospital , 6th floor, Consultant Room 681. He is rather a detailed Doctor. I like!

While he examine the cyst on my face, he started asking if I like sea food or eat a lot of milk base products or fast food – I knew he was going to ask this as I google him before I came. He past me a paper with studies that mentioned Milk base products caused breakouts & Acne. Anyways, back to Dr Yee, we discussed about Acne –prone skin like mine, my brother, my mother , my sister … we have the genetic to this.
Person with acne have overactive grease glands which get blocked, This Blockage is worsened by certain comedogenic agents and helped by agents which loosen the plug!

He ask me to avoid agents that can block up the pores Such as:
1) Iodine ( in sea-food or fast food)
2) Steroids (Creams and tablets / protein drink )
3) Cosmetic Ingredients which has the following ingredient:

Butly Stearate
Cocoa Butter
D + C Red No 9 & 27
Isopropyl Isosterate
Isopropyl Myristeate
Isopropyl Neopentanoate
Lanolm ( Also called Wool fat , that can be found in many Australian base cosmetic company )
Laureth 4
Linseed oil
Myristyl lactate
Octyl palmitate
Octyle stereate Oleates
Propylene glycol monostereate
Sodium lauryl Sulphate

I also have to avoid food that has high gi (glycemic index ) which is also sugar base or sugar it self! So No White Rice, White bread , Coffee, Sweat teh tarik and many more that I’ve not google. Milk base products or any food that contain Sea food, Seaweed ! Holly Cow! So bye bye Sushi and all the goodlife!back to eating greens and olive oil.

Oh yes, I am a Atopic, which prone to asthma – which I nearly die from since young, I think it’s coming back nowadays due to allergy to dust & mites, I am allergy to many food type which courses me on dry skin and eczema! I think my condition is getting worse with some part of my skin is suffering non stop inflammation after a night out or some drinks!

Sigh.. so that is why…

1 comment:

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

Yes babe, dairy product's bad for skin that's why I changed to soy milk. I still take cheese but I minimize it when it comes to others, e.g. soy coffee.

I used to have eczema but this homeopathic doctor cured me couple of years ago. If you believe in homeopathic, send me an email and I'll tell your more details. I'm free from eczema for years now, :)