Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Preparation

After the last post, i went into a deeper research of giving birth naturally and gracefully. Not only my vision is to be able to nurse and free to move right after labour, I also want to enjoy the bounding with our baby soberly. I suppose this is also due to a challenge I secretly take in as friends and family tells me otherwise about childbirth.
I had like 2 encouraging stories about natural births and the rest of the stories were horrifying especially from my own mother! too bad there were no google / internet to do research on from her time, also people were terrified when mentioned about giving birth.

Knowledge is power.

As soon as I’ve decided on that, hubs and me did many research (including watching clips from Youtube on bloody birth, normal natural birth ,C-sec , drug use / and alas! we found light at the end of the tunnel!!! We've watched few moms who gave birth from home with/without water birth and saw something strange! some of the moms are NOT IN PAIN! or rather in CONTROL of their birth. It is totally amazing to see how calm and beautiful their labour is!) That is where I found out about Hypnobirthing , which many of the techniques are very similar to yoga practice – eg, breathing control, mind control and most of all self control . I was thrill to find out that a lady name Wai Han actually had 2 of her babies at home and is a certified Hypnobirthing staying and teaching near Putra Heights. So with much hope and joy we’ve paid for the course. Ever since than, I’ve been addicted in reading all kinds of positive hypnobirth stories and tell baby to keep our faith high.

Today, I also found out about Hypnobabies which a lot of mothers compared and preferred, I think I will also order this range to self study and combine knowledge during my labour . meanwhile, I will continue my yoga practice and hopefully the swimming pool is ready by next 2 months for me to jump in and take some weight away …

P/s: Best books to have to prepare for baby - hubs ordered 3 books after introduction from friends. Its been really helpful and we've learn so much from the information and again .. So far we've gone through "what to expect when you are expecting" and also "what to expect The first year" knowledge is powerful.
xoxo

No comments: