Saturday, April 21, 2007

Its me and my lens story … again, sorry people, I am still trying to get use to all this emotion and reaction I have for my eyes. Despite loving the fact that I can actually “see” nowadays, I have a major problem with the daily lens I bought, its too expensive for one, comparing with the day & night Vi uses, secondly, I really hate touching my eye balls every freaking day… So I tried on Vi’s Day& Night Lens (we have same eye power), it can last me 1 month without taking out at all. The Len’s texture is rougher and it is thicker.


After 2 days wearing it, I took them out, as it is making my upper eyelid sensitive & it hurts too. I am so freaking paranoid now that I might get Trachoma (some eyes infection I research out from the internet) explaining that:



The early symptoms of trachoma include the development of follicles (small sacs) on the conjunctivae of the upper eyelids; pain; swollen eyelids; discharge; tearing; and sensitivity to light. If the infection is not treated, the follicles develop into large yellow or gray pimples, and small blood vessels develop inside the cornea. In most cases, both eyes are infected. The incubation period is about one week.



Repeated infections eventually lead to contraction and turning-in of the eyelids. The eyelashes then scratch the corneas and conjunctivae, every time the individual blinks. This scratching leads to scarring of the cornea, eventual blockage of the tear ducts, and blindness.




I am seriously worried because I’ve have few of the symptoms mentioned above.. the pain on the upper eyelids, especially the upper Punctum, also discharge and tearing… (But this Trachoma thingy is not caused by Lens..... )

.. so I am just worried that the Lens might injurt my Upper Punctum and get it infected.. Darn !! What should I do ??? I seriously do not want to look like this. Yes.. yes I know I am being a F**king ANAL about my eyelids , eyes balls, the Upper and lower punctum….. Is just another weird thing about me having phobia about eye infections..

(he said I just like to “Kau peh” … Sigh * O_o )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha.. yeah.. I think I should just chill............

Elizebeth D.L. said...

YUCKS!!!!!!!!!

you spoilt my lunching mood later babe... those pictures..

btw, no lense should be in contact with our eye balls without taking it out after 1 day -- this is just not right from hygenic point of view.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA..

So sorry babes.......

I now take out my lens every night and put them in every day... hehehe..me too can't sleep with lens on..